Kinetic Chemicals offers true monolithic isolating joint which effectively and efficiently stops short circuits and stray currents from damaging pipelines and equipment.
The areas of applications for MI-Joint are:
- Existing & New Construction
- Gas, Oil, Liquid Petrochemical & Water Lines
- Before & From Gas Distribution Stations
- Gas or Liquid Fuel Tanks
- Under or Overground Usage
The benefit and advantage are:
- No loss of integrity due to thermal expansion or ground stress as is common with flange isolation gasket kits
- In-factory tested hydrostatically and electrically, to 1 1/2 times their working pressure. Non-destructive testing is also available.
- Maintenance-free, reliable cathodic isolation of equipment in required isolation applications such as compressor stations
- No labor intensive, complicated installation procedure required as with isolation gasket kits
- No inspection pits, vaults or maintenance needed – weld into place and direct bury -reliable, worry-free cathodic isolation
- Non-conductive epoxy coatings help prevent shorts, both externally and internally
- Isolates stray currents impressed on the pipe from exterior forces such as electrical transmission systems, earth currents and currents flowing from point to point
- Excellent bending and torsional resistance
- Earthquake resistant – Acts as a thrust block or joint
The MI-Joint is manufactured in sizes ranging from 1/2” diameter to 100” diameter with an ANSI rating of 150# to 2500# and up to API 10,000#. All types of carbon and stainless steel are used in the manufacturing.